Tommy Hendrix Jr.
Community Outreach Coordinator
Tommy Hendrix Jr. was born in 1977 in the Near NW side of Chicago to a natural born Puerto Rican mother who migrated in the 1960’s and a 2nd generation Sicilian/Anglo-Saxon American father.
Tommy and his family moved to Hoffman Estates in 2005 and recently moved into a single family home in the great Village of Hanover Park with his fiancé and three sons.
As a profession, he is a Permit Assistant with the Forest Preserves of Cook County in the Permits & Revenue division where he began his employment in the summer of 2004. In addition, Tommy works in the family operated printing business as a graphic designer, union printer and consultant.
His active community involvement started at a very young age as a kid in the Near NW side of Chicago helping his grandmother serve summer lunches at the community play lot to the other neighborhood children back in the 1980’s. This helped make Mr. Hendrix realize that he had a passion for community so since the mid 90’s to present has been a Precinct Captain, Volunteer Area Coordinator and Area Manager for a vast of many different local municipalities, state and federal elections.
Over the years, Tommy has served his community and has been involved in many political events
- Former member: Cook County for Fairness and Political Representation
- Former Executive Board Member for Cook County Young Democrats and Young Democrats of Illinois
- Co-founding member of CCALE: Cook County Association of Latino Employees,
- Member/Officer of Ravenswood Lodge #777 Chicago, IL Ancient Free and Accepted Masons
- Member/Officer of El Jaala Grotto M.O.V.P.E.R. Des Plaines, IL.
Tommy Hendrix Jr. will be a great asset to Hanover Township Democratic Organization as the Community Outreach Coordinator with his history of helping community by bringing the many different services together while protecting our Democratic principles!