Hanover Township Democratic Organization is proud to actively participate in various activities designed to promote the growth of the party and inform voters of the election process. HTDO is committed to organizing volunteers in the following political actions.
- Assist Federal, State, County and local candidates with circulating petitions and help strategize for campaigns
- Recruit election judges wanting to serving in their polling places
- Equip volunteers with resources and properly guide those who wish to serve their communities by means of elected office
- Promote HTDO by actively participate in parades, social community events and help organize candidate forums
- Work together with other political campaigns to ensure voter turnout grows
- Register new residents to vote by engaging in voter registration drives an actively having a presence in our local colleges and popular community events
At the Hanover Township Democratic Organization is to empower individuals to serve their community by exchanging views on important democratic issues relevant to our diverse community. We are committed to offer training, access to resources and knowledge of the election process. We strive to make the political process fair and promote a better government within our township.
Hanover Township Democratic Organization was established in April of 2013 immediately following the Primary Election. It is an official political action committee registered with the State Board of Elections. The organization serves as the official democratic organization in which Steve Caramelli is the Chairman.
Hanover Township’s population is approximately 101,000 residents according to the 2010 US census. It represents portions of six municipalities: Bartlett, Elgin, Hoffman Estates, Hanover Park, Schaumburg and Streamwood all within the borders of Cook County.
The continued growth of moderate blue collar families has been a strong base for the northwest suburban democratic organization. It recognizes the need for candidates to be elected to office that will support their ideas and hold truth to the ever-changing policies which affect the day to day lives of middle class families.
The need to organize volunteers, unions, community activists, and continue to recruit people for elected office and election judges has never been more important than now. Consider joining our team.